On Mon, 13 Sep 2010 20:31 +1200, "David Mann" <d...@multisport.net.nz>
wrote:
> You may remember last week I mentioned I'd gone outside to take some
> photos when an aftershock just about sent me over the edge.  It was timed
> just when I was settling back into work after lunch.  I was exhausted
> from lack of sleep, I'd just about had it with my employer, and the
> project I was working on has been a thorn in my side for the past few
> weeks.  Plus I was alone at home and the isolation was not doing me any
> good either.
>
> So I went outside to the garden to try and clear my head.  I saw our
> magnolia tree in full flower and decided I wanted to take a couple of
> photos of it.  So I went inside to get the camera, and ended up spending
> a bit of quality time with it.
>
> http://www.multi.net.nz/therapy/
>
> Taking these helped me relax, probably by distraction more than anything
> else.  All K10D and FA100/2.8 Macro, handheld.
>
> I've done nothing to these apart from resizing.  There are a couple more
> pics that need a little processing but I had to take my Photoshop machine
> down to make room for my work PC.  So they'll have to wait.

After what you guys have been through, a bit of photographic therapy was
a good idea.  And judging by the steadiness of hand illustrated in
these, the aftershocks have quietened down a bit - sorry, couldn't
resist :-)>

I like them all but the close up of the Rhododendron is really well
done.

Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters