On 16 September 2010 05:38, Daniel J. Matyola <danmaty...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I agree.  I don't understand why the newspaper insisted on
> investigating and reporting on this either.  He was a good
> photographer, and took some great images of the civil rights movement.
>  I am confident nothing he told the FBI harmed Martin Luther King or
> the movement.  Why drag it up now?
>
> Dan

Why drag it up?  Because this photographer was apparently working
under the umbrella of journalism, although my skim of the article
doesn't reveal if he was a freelancer or attached to a news agency.
His photographic subjects appear to have embraced him as a
news-gatherer.  Being an informer to an agency of the law is a serious
breach of journalistic impartiality.

regards, Anthony

   "Of what use is lens and light
    to those who lack in mind and sight"