From: Steven Desjardins
Let me clarify.  I'm not as upset with Withers as I am with Hoover.
I'm an American citizen and taxpayer and they still have a large
building in DC named after that @#...@#.   As long as he is honored in
that fashion he's fair game.  Not that I feel strongly about this . .
.

The importance of the story is in the way it seems to have side-tracked, for the moment, the larger story of how the national security apparatus has been used, and is being used

... and how do we balance personal freedom with security.