On Sep 22, 2010, at 4:58 PM, Cotty wrote:

> On 22/9/10, Eric Weir, discombobulated, unleashed:
>
>> I don't have plans. I'm a novice. A RANK novice
>
> You should have 2 items and two items only in your kit. An MX and a 50mm
> f/1.4. That's it. For one year.
>
> If you're learning, this is what you need to learn with. No zooms, no pixels.
>
> If you're a good boy, after 6 months you're all

Interesting. That's exactly where I was headed when I encountered this list. I
have a K1000 SE, but there's something in the finder that I'm told will cost
more than a replacement used camera to fix. I have a P3 and just bought a P3n
today. [The film rewind mechanism on the former doesn't work properly; and I
know that P3n's are not a fully mechanical, but they are a lot cheaper than
MX's.]

That said, at the risk of insubordination, from where I stand now the cost of
film and processing, and especially the disconnect between what I do and the
results I get make me hesitant about going back to film completely, even
temporarily.

That does not mean I am not open to guidance regarding this.

Sincerely,
Eric Weir
Decatur, GA  USA
eew...@bellsouth.net

P.S. I forgot to say that I have an Olympus XA which I was using exclusively
until I got the ist* DS. My pattern was to shoot several rolls of film before
getting them processed, by which time I had no idea what I'd done when I shot
the pictures.