When I came back to photography after a several year hiatus and some flirtation
with video, I moved from a ME-Super to a PZ-1p very fine autofocus capable 35mm
camera. The one new lens I bought was the PZ FA 28-105. It was/is a very good
lens. If/when you actually need a lens with a broad zoom range, this is one to
consider. Don't be put off by the gimmickry. After the first day I never used
any of the special modes others have described, and seldom used the Power zoom
feature. You can ignore all of that added stuff, don't bypass such a quality
lens if you you ever see one for a decent price.

stan