Hi,

Bob Walkden wrote:

> Perhaps he means that travelling in air-conditioned comfort (or,
> discomfort as you suggest) is hardly the way my great hero Capt.
> Sir Richard Francis Burton would have done it...:o).

Correct.  You are a great disappointment to us.... 8-) To make
up for this I will send you a hair shirt to wear for the
duration of your stay - and no washing it!

> In Sunderland where Mike comes from men are men and sheep are worried.
> Even in the depths of the coldest winter the most they wear is jeans and
> a black t-shirt.

...and the girls wear less.  Once you've been around town on a
February evening, with the sleet whipping in from the North Sea
and you've seen the sweet young things tripping gaily from pub
to bar to club clad in strappy sandals, a miniskirt and a boob
tube you lose all desire to live in the great metropolis.  There
has to be some reason to live here...

mike