?> I've owned numerous Pentax lenses since 1969 and have never had even a hint
of an issue with them.......
until I got the SMC DA* 16-50mm f2.8 about a year and a half ago.

It worked fine for several months but earlier this year on a photo shoot in Utah it started not to auto focus. I could manually focus but still the lense was less than a year old! I was going to ship it back for repair, but then it started to auto focus again and this on again/off again operation continues to this day.
Can't figure it out.

If you've got some warranty left, send it in ASAP. Get that thing fixed before it stops working completely.

John

--
http://www.jacelio.com
http://www.cafepress.com/jacelio