Developing film is easy.
You WILL get results in any case :)

To get some quality, then you need practice.

My recipe:
1) go into toilet, put tank on WC, swich off all lights nearby. get towel to seal remaining light leaks 2) load film (i mostly develop 120 film), sometimes it takes long, if film curls a lot 3) go to bathroom, measure +20C water by mixing cold+hot, fill 2-3 liters of water 4) fill 330ml water in glas jar, mix with 3ml rodinal (1:100), pour into tank, mix 1 minute 5) find some marker and write down start time, semi-stand process up to 60 minutes (+10 minutes is OK), go and watch your favorite TV programm, sometimes mix if you do not forget :)
6) discard rodinal, wash 2-3 times with water
7) take bottle with fixer, pour in, and wait 5 minutes, mixing sometimes, then open tank lid, look if film is still "milky" wait another 2-5 minutes. do not forget to put back fixer into bottle, do not discard
8) mess with lot of tap water for some 10-15 minutes, to wash all chemicals
9) get bottle with distilled water as last bath for film
10) hang it for drying, wondering what you have shot, and what went wrong

Gasha