On Oct 9, 2010, at 3:31 PM, Larry Colen wrote:

> If you're shooting outdoors, it can be very handy to have a polarizer. Not
> that the polarizer won't work as well to bring out the clouds shooting either
> directly into, or directly away from the sun as it will shooting at 90
> degrees.  I.e. late afternoon, west and east wont work as well as north and
> south.
> I'd recommend getting one and playing with it.  Here are some shots from my
> doing just that:
> http://www.flickriver.com/photos/ellarsee/sets/72157603433853310/

Quite a difference in the shots of the tree especially.

I just bought a p3n that came with an a 50/2 lens with a Skylight 1A filter on
it. Is that a polarizer?

I already had a UV[O] and PL filter. In the now distant past I knew what they
were for. Are they both polarizers?

[Is my amateurishness shown?]

Eric Weir
Decatur, GA  USA