On Oct 16, 2010, at 19:18, Jeffery Smith wrote:

> I had a chance to use this lens for the first time today. The conditions were
> not good (high noon, blinding sunlight, not a cloud in the sky, low
> humidity). It sure is easier to carry around compared to the tank-like Tokina
> 28-75 f/2.8.  I'll try to post something tomorrow (something shot in the
> shade).
>
> Do any of you have this lens? If so, what are your impressions?

This was my favorite go-to lens for most general photography until I got the
Pentax 16-50 and it sat unused...  I liked it a lot, but always wished it went
WIDER.

Manual focus on it was a little tricky.. not a lot of "throw" between one end
and the other, but that and the not-wide-enough were my only complaints.  Nice
color, good out-of-focus renditioning, etc...

 -Charles

--
Charles Robinson - charl...@visi.com
Minneapolis, MN