And I should have mentioned "nice contrast" in the raw files I looked at
earlier. The biggest problem with zoom lenses when they first appeared decades
ago was poor contrast due to all of the elements and glass/air surfaces. I
think that the better lens coatings have helped this.

Are any of you old enough to remember the Vivitar ads that touted that their
lenses were "DESIGNED USING A COMPUTER.

Jeffery