On 2010-10-17 09:57 , Eric Weir wrote:

On Oct 17, 2010, at 9:54 AM, P. J. Alling wrote:

Monopods also make for fine walking sticks.

Any brands or models to recommend? I don't normally use a walking stick when
I'm hinking, but if I could put my camera on it when it would help I might
start.

there are a few Leki walking sticks that have a camera mount; i have an older one and never liked putting a camera on it; perhaps with a tilt-head and quick-release that would be better, but then it might seem awkward for walking ...