On Nov 5, 2010, at 5:01 PM, Jeffery Smith wrote:

> STOP IT!  I DON'T NEED A K-5!
> 

Unless you have use of high ISO, autofocus and accurate metering.

I am very curious about how the performance compares with the K-x.  My guess is 
that the noise is a stop or two better at 1600 or above, and that it looks 
significantly better between 400 and 1600.

I am also very curious about night landscape photography using it, showing 
stars.  The last test I did (using LR2) still showed my best results using the 
K20 at ISO 400. I haven't gone back and tried reprocessing those with LR3 and 
better noise reduction, but that ISO range seems to be the K-x weak spot.  
Higher ISO are just too noisy for starry sky photography.

--
Larry Colen [email protected] sent from i4est





-- 
PDML Pentax-Discuss Mail List
[email protected]
http://pdml.net/mailman/listinfo/pdml_pdml.net
to UNSUBSCRIBE from the PDML, please visit the link directly above and follow 
the directions.

Reply via email to