On 11/7/2010 4:32 AM, Miserere wrote:
I'm sure your camera will be fine, but I was curious nontheless. I'm
sure Boris will chime in with his tale of woe getting correct manual
focus on his K-7.

Boris chiming is.

Based on my experience with K-7, Pentax Israel and Rachael Katz herself, I will be very surprised if K-5's screen was properly and accurately aligned for precision manual focusing. One of the things that really irks me is that even if I were to buy a new camera (K-5? K-3?) say in summer 2011, I'd have to go through that bothersome saga one more time. Fine mechanical tuning and precision are things of the past, it seems.

Boris chiming out.