Boris,

The way I was taught about the 'Need for Affiliation' it was a social thing.
It is most important for these people to have friends and fit-in at work.
To have the rest of your co-workers give you affirmation.

Those driven by a 'Need for Achievement' want to get things done.
They are fulfilled by accomplishments in a work environment.

Those driven by a 'Need for Power' are your politicians and clergy.
Their greatest satisfaction comes from influencing and leading people
to do things the way they see them.

Achievement and Power people are my favorites at work, while
I don't know what to do with the Affiliation folks.

Regards, Bob S.