On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 7:32 AM, Jens <p...@planfoto.dk> wrote:
> I have just ordered 10 roll og slidefilm for my "new" 67.
> I've read that Fuji Astia is specially good for skin tones.
> Will it do well for landscapes as well?

Astia seems to be more neutral, producing natural colors, unlike some
slide films that tend to saturate the colors.  If you're looking for
very vivid colors in your landscape photos, Astia might not be the
best place to start.  However, it is, or at least was, relatively
affordable and you can always tweak the colors after scanning.  Astia
works wonderfully for reproducing skin tones.

> I will scan all my 6x7 images.
> Maybe color negs were the better choise.
> Which colour film would you use for
> 1) Portraits

Kodak Portra works well.  160NC is good for accurate skin tones.
160VC is a bit more saturated.  Fuji Reala is probably my favorite,
but it's not available everywhere in 120.

> 2) Landscape

I've had decent luck with Portra 160VC and I hear the new Ektar 100 is
quite nice.

--
Scott Loveless
http://www.twosixteen.com/fivetoedsloth/