On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 5:30 PM, Adam Maas <a...@mawz.ca> wrote:

> PDF's for text though? Ugh. Use .doc or an html file. PDF's are best
> used for heavily-formatted/illustrated work.

At my workplace, we often get company-wide emails that say "Please
read the attached memo."

The attached memo could have been included as plain text in the email,
but in actuality has gone through the following process: Typed up in
Word, printed out, signed and initialed in ink, faxed, scanned to PDF
(crooked).

The higher up the executive who wrote the memo, the more steps are likely.