On Nov 18, 2010, at 12:56 AM, David Mann wrote:

> On Nov 18, 2010, at 10:52 AM, Bob W wrote:
>
>> I was 16 or so when the album was released, although I'd seen them play it
>> live before then. I often used to wonder if I'd already missed the starting
>> gun. Still do, and I'm 53 now. These spikes are starting to get a bit
>> uncomfortable.
>
> I first listened to that album only a couple of years ago.  I'd watched the
> episode of the "Classic Albums" show.  David Gilmour says that he wishes he
> could put a pair of headphones on and listen to it for the first time.  So a
> while later I bought the CD and did exactly that.
>
> I don't listen to it very often... I really should put it on again sometime.

I'm not the sort of person to advocate the use of illegal substances such as
cannabis. But if I were, I'd say that one of the most memorable experiences of
a certain person, was when he was 19 years old, getting stoned and listening to
the entirety of the wall with his brand new NAD 3020 amp pushing the speakers
for all that it was worth.

Even so, "Wish you were here" has long been my favorite PInk Floyd Album, and
possibly my favorite album. The Wall tells a great story, but there is almost
an album's worth of great songs, and a little over an album's worth of good
songs.