On Nov 18, 2010, at 2:56, David Mann wrote:

> On Nov 18, 2010, at 10:52 AM, Bob W wrote:
>
>> I was 16 or so when the album was released, although I'd seen them play it
>> live before then. I often used to wonder if I'd already missed the starting
>> gun. Still do, and I'm 53 now. These spikes are starting to get a bit
>> uncomfortable.
>
> I first listened to that album only a couple of years ago.  I'd watched the
> episode of the "Classic Albums" show.  David Gilmour says that he wishes he
> could put a pair of headphones on and listen to it for the first time.  So a
> while later I bought the CD and did exactly that.

My first listen to it was back in 1979 after an all-night party.  I'd borrowed
a friend's record and put it on the turntable when I got home.

Then... because I'd been up all night, I closed my eyes and dozed a bit while
listening.

Needless to say, I was a little startled at the opening "notes" to the song
"Time"!

 -Charles

--
Charles Robinson - charl...@visi.com