Kenneth Waller

----- Original Message ----- From: "Larry Colen" <l...@red4est.com>
Subject: Re: OT I;m such a friggin idiot

On Nov 18, 2010, at 12:56 AM, David Mann wrote:

On Nov 18, 2010, at 10:52 AM, Bob W wrote:

I was 16 or so when the album was released, although I'd seen them play it live before then. I often used to wonder if I'd already missed the starting
gun. Still do, and I'm 53 now. These spikes are starting to get a bit
uncomfortable.

I first listened to that album only a couple of years ago. I'd watched the episode of the "Classic Albums" >>>show. David Gilmour says that he wishes he could put a pair of headphones on and listen to it for the first >>>time. So a while later I bought the CD and did exactly that.

I don't listen to it very often... I really should put it on again sometime.

I'm not the sort of person to advocate the use of illegal substances such as cannabis.

And you say you're from Calie-fornia !

But if I were, I'd say that one of the most memorable experiences of a certain person, was when he was 19 >years old, getting stoned and listening to the entirety of the wall with his brand new NAD 3020 amp pushing >the speakers for all that it was worth.

Even so, "Wish you were here" has long been my favorite PInk Floyd Album, and possibly my favorite album. >The Wall tells a great story, but there is almost an album's worth of great songs, and a little over an album's >worth of good songs.