I have the Tamron, which is why I can't justify buying something that is very
similar to it. But it is a very nice, small, light zoom lens. I've had it since
2004 and I don't think it is still being manufactured.

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/columns/sm-nov-04.shtml

This is the article that basically told me of its existence back in 2004. He
obviously liked it too.

Jeffery