Thanks Dave. I shot comparable pictures with the K-r & the K-5, and the only
differences (which put the K-5 one step above the K-r) you can spot are @
12800-25600. Below that, the pictures from the two cameras are practically
indistinguishable.

However, that K-r bought by my friend cannot focus beyond a few meters the
DA-L 18-55mm @ 18mm or other wide settings. The AF indicator says it's Ok
and lets you shoot, but the picture comes focused just a few meters instead
of say 10m, 100m or infinity.

When you use longer focal lengths, everything goes smooth. So my friend has
to focus the 18-55mm @ 55mm and then turn the zoom ring down to 18mm or the
like. Looks like a coal age procedure.

Dario

Love this shot.
The blue is so rich., and the detail is great.

I am now 51%K-r
49% D300s.

So its your fault if i buy one and Liz finds  out.

Dave

On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 1:16 PM, Dario Bonazza