On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 2:49 AM, Cotty <cotty...@mac.com> wrote:
> On 30/11/10, Godfrey DiGiorgi, discombobulated, unleashed:
>
>>First things I ask any prospective client:
>>

>>- What is your budget for the photos to use in this publication project?
>
> Godders, exactly how many time has the response been "blow it out yer
> arse!" ??

In all seriousness: never. I've had editors tell me everything from "I
don't know" to supplying a highly detailed rate chart, and I've had
editors tell me they couldn't afford the price I set when they didn't
have a rate chart, etc etc, but none have ever indicated they were
uncomfortable with the question. How could they be? They're in
business ... arranging a business transaction .. just like I am. Are
you uncomfortable or put off if a provider whose services you need
asks you what the budget for a shoot might be?
--
Godfrey
  godfreydigiorgi.posterous.com