Walter Gilbert wrote:

Thing is, relatively speaking, it might as well have been a $1000 lens.

Boy, I know that feeling!

Walter, I have a cosmetically terrible but perfectly functional f 1.4 M... I use it for a loupe but I can always use my prettier one... If you want. I'll lend you crappy one until you can manage to replace or repair... Write me off list.

All I'd ask is that you pay the postage for me to get it to you ...

ann