Bruce,

Bruce Dayton wrote:

> Martin,
>
> One other thing to consider is that the mirror is out of alignment on
> the body.  This could account for the discrepency between manual and
> auto focus.  Have you tried manual focus shots and autofocus shots and
> compared them on film or just through the viewfinder?

Yes, this was my first thought but as soon as I tried it on the MZ-5N,
that seemed a less likely possibility.  I have not as yet processed any
film taken with the camera so all of this is from what I see in the
viewfinder.  However, I will repeat that this lens will not autofocus to
infinity while the 28-70 will on the same body.  This suggests that the
fault lies with the lens or at least with the way that the bodies
interact with this particular lens.

Regards
Martin