Yes.  IIRC, that is what a lot of folks complained about when you
first posted that image.  My image also had a lot of very dark areas,
plus a door and a sign that got in the way from the right.
Accordingly, I cropped the hell out of it to get rid of all of that,
and just show the gelato with all the colors and the hand-written
flavor label.  My conclusion is that you were correct in not trying to
eliminate the dark areas that bothered some.  (besides that, you image
of course was a better one than mine to begin with.)

Dan