John Sessoms wrote:

[...]

Gateway2000 had the money, and were able to buy the court. Their lawyers shopped around until they found a judge who would grant the injunction.

Bankrupted him. Gateway used their financial muscle to buy "justice"; or more properly, to deny justice to my acquaintance.

Which, BTW, is why I never recommend Gateway, and won't buy anything from them. And since Acer now owns Gateway, screw them too!

Any human system which tries to be just is subject to freeloaders, to people
whose entitlement may seem unfair, and to people we just plain don't like
such as wife-beaters, but that's part of the price of trying to be a just
society. One that I personally don't mind paying provided there are
reasonable efforts to identify and deter the few freeloaders.

I'm not criticizing it. As you might infer from above, I don't think it's a good idea for "justice" to be for sale to the highest bidder.

I totally agree! Thanks or the true story. Good to know...

keith whaley