Apparently it's discriminatory to keep sex-abusers from adopting in children in Great Britain.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/law/2010/nov/30/sex-offenders-adoption-children

On 12/10/2010 8:12 PM, paul stenquist wrote:
It was certainly the best possible outcome. But the British government's
mindless funding of any citizen who wants to take legal action is indefensible.
And having to compete with the UK
s financial resources makes it less than a bargain.
Paul
On Dec 10, 2010, at 7:08 PM, Jack Davis wrote:

I know you agree that you got a real bargain and certainly the best possible
outcome.

Jack

--- On Fri, 12/10/10, paul stenquist<pnstenqu...@comcast.net>  wrote:

From: paul stenquist<pnstenqu...@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: I Wish
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List"<pdml@pdml.net>
Date: Friday, December 10, 2010, 3:37 PM
I could have had six 645Ds for what
it cost me to save Grace from her drunken wife-beating
father and the British legal aid idiocy.
Paul

On Dec 10, 2010, at 6:34 PM, John Francis wrote:

Well, if we're going to one-up each other:

I could have got four 645Ds (with lenses) fow what we
spent
on the kitchen remodel. Then there was a problem with
the
heating which meant it was time to do the re-ducting
that
we'd been putting off for years, and a small number of
old
windows to be replaced before the tax credit ran out.
That
would have covered a couple of K-5s with grips&
DA* zooms.
This would have been a bit less of an issue if my wife
hadn't
been rather unexpectedly laid off from the job she's
had for
the last 12 years (the day after we'd bought her the
E-PL1).
No cause for panic, but it does mean discretionary
spending
doesn't run to four-figure toys at the moment.

.

On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 04:56:02PM -0600, Paul