One interesting aspect about the SantaCon photos is that they were all shot
with my sigma 20/1.8.

After the initial fun of playing with it, I had gotten frustrated by the
focusing on that lens. At the distances I bought it for, it's very tough to
focus manually. At the light levels that I bought it for, it's very tough to
autofocus.  Once I finally got the 16-50, I also had something wider, sharper,
and reasonably fast.

However, I knew that the 16-50 wasn't going to be fast enough, even on the K-x,
to use in dive bars, the 31 wouldn't be wide enough, and besides I only wanted
to carry one camera+lens.  It's funny how things will happen, and lenses that
had been pretty much ignored for months, or longer, will suddenly get a lot of
use.

I suspect that when I get a K-5, my 18-250 will suddenly be fast enough that
it's incredible range will cause me to start using it a lot more than I have
been for the past year or so.