From: pdml-boun...@pdml.net [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of Cory
Waters
Sent: Friday, December 17, 2010 6:40 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: So, 60-250 F4 or a 3rd party 70-200 2.8?

Thinking about surprising Santa this year and stuffing my own stocking. I'd
likely use the lens for youth soccer (futball), nature, and auto
racing shots.
I know the 2.8 would be nice (faster is ALWAYS better, right?) The Pentax
lens has a bit more reach in either direction.  My current
lens for shooting these soccer games is the DA 50-200.  I get decent
shots but but they mostly need cropping.  The extra 50mm would be nice
and I'd be moving from 5.6 to F4 so that's better.
The Pentax would have better integration with my K10 and future bodies. Do
any of the 3rd party lenses work with the supersonic focus motor?

The Pentax lens is more than a little bit more money though...

What to do?

Cory

follow the directions.