On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 10:30 AM, Eric Weir <eew...@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> Not sure exactly what you mean by "problem with focus," but I suspect the
> problem is somewhere in #3. If by "problems with focus" you mean "not
> focusing well," that may be it. All my lenses are manual focus, and I want to
> keep it that way, at least for a while, at least till I get this problem
> solved. A lot of the time I'm shooting in situations that require quick
> set-up, and in those situations focusing may not be done as carefully as it
> might be. What disappoints me is when I am "focusing on" focus, trying to get
> it sharp, and the image still turns out soft.

Eric, just a comment here. I tried  manual focus after i bought my
istD and again tried manual focus with the k10d. I noticed a
difference with the MF lenses. What seemed in focus to my eye and
diopter, was not registering with the focus light/beep.
The MF shots did seem softer. I did find if i used say my A 28 f2.8
and set an aperture of f8 or 11 and focused to the beep they seemed
better.
But YMMV.

Dave

--