On Jan 1, 2011, at 2:27 PM, Jens wrote:

> I'm not sure Paul, but since it a studio recording done at appr. the same
> time, I guess it the same aperture - F 13 or perhaps F11.
>
> Next time I shall:
>
> 1. Make sure the conditions are very close to being exactly the same.
> 2. Use new 120 film (Kodak Ektar 100 or Fuji Astia 100)
> 3. Use a pro-lab for developing
> 4. Unfortunalely I don't have a por scanner, but I will use my Epson
> Perfection 3200 Photo, which does deliver reasonably good scans.

I scanned on of my 6s7 shots on my 3200 and was reasonably pleased with the
results. Then, just for grins, a friend of mine scanned the same transparency
on his Imacon film scanner. The difference in sharpness and detail resolution
was considerable. No comparison. A flatbed scan works with medium format, but
it's far from optimum.
Paul

> I may compare the F4 165 mm LS lens to a reasonably sharp 50mm lens for the
> K-7.
> I must say I am surprised how sharp the 2.8 28-70mm zoom lens is. It actually
> beat quite a few primes :-)
>
> Jens
> --
> Treat others as you would like to be treated yourself.
>
> On Jan 1, 2011 20:13 "paul stenquist" <pnstenqu...@comcast.net> wrote:
>> I'm surprised the K7 pic is as sharp as it is, given that it was shot
>> at f13, where you're going to get a lot of diffusion. Try it at f5.6
>> or so. What stop did you shoot the 6x7 pic at. And what lens. You list
>> an 80/2.8. I assume you mean the 90/2.8?
>> Paul
>> On Jan 1, 2011, at 2:07 PM, Jens wrote:
>>
>>> Thank you all for you rinterest in responding and answering my
>>> question.
>>> I have done some samll tests, that didin't turn out too well. But I
>>> was using old film and a questionable lab for developing.
>>> My result is shown at flickr.
>>> I photographed a sitting girl (in full figure) filling out the frame
>>> with my K-7 and with my 67. I enlarged one eye to be able to
>>> evaluate the resolution and sharpness:
>>> K-7:
>>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/bladt/5204650099/in/set-721576254614341
>>> 40/