That's because you don't have to write and/or later read any Hebrew or otherwise right to left documents, Bob...

On 1/2/2011 11:13 AM, Bob W wrote:

I encounter .docx files occasionally. OpenOffice opens them
effortlessly.

Does it save them without any changes? I've thought about trying Open
Office. Seems to work for most users. Not sure if it's as good on Mac
as it is on PC.

I use OpenOffice on one of my PCs (MS Office on others). It doesn't seem to
have any problems saving docx, apart from the nag screen it pops up.