Quite a number of sound ideas and advices so far, so I might only add: beware
of Murphy. Of course, you are welcome to keep reading the rest.

Around here a wedding photo album offers great cash values AND still greater
responsibility. Fail to do the job and you have a life-long enemy squad.
Failure includes not meeting expected styles and key shots... do ask them
exactly what they want, with example if possible. If it's not in your grasp
(need extra hands, special gear, not a style you are ok with), do tell them.

- trusted, adequate gear and suitable backup, including batteries and cards -
rented gear may have lower batt life than expected, not to mention other
issues. Proving the rented gear was the problem will not be enough...

- helping hands are welcome, but asking for the 16-50 and getting the 15mm is a
problem, not to mention the possible dropping of stuff while both are looking
at the bride's best friend. A friend of mine almost lost his Xti when a helping
hand tried to insert the second card inverted...

As long as I love helping friends and taking photos, I'm too rusty for a proper
wedding job these days, and even if the Kr came home today I'd need to train
myself to its layout. Later I'd probably be at ease with the gear, so I would
probably accept, as long as the expected kind of photo is within my ability and
gear - and since I don't know the ceremony well enough I'd insist on being
present at any rehersals, discussing the photo ops with the couple. Wouldn't
charge at all, accepting only high value, third party costs.

PLS beware of Murphy - he managed to put my car on fire on the way to a job,
causing me to arrive at the church covered in white powder, a few seconds
before the bride - who accepted to take a third round-the-square car ride while
I shook the worst of the powder from me and my bag. No adittional events,
couple smiling during and after getting the prints, but I decided to call a
break after that, sold the Hasselblad rather cheap and burned the clothing -
not accepting the risk of poisoning anyone by throwing it off. Did rebuild the
car - was a small fire and I carry two extinguishers.

Luiz Felipe
luiz.felipe at techmit.com.br
http://www.techmit.com.br/luizfelipe