On 1/13/2011 4:10 PM, John Sessoms wrote:
It's pretty much 24/7 social media now. Actually left me with a question
and some doubts.

Q: In this 24/7 assault on Facebook et al, when do you actually make
time to take photographs?
And then there's Facebook. That's a problem in itself.

I'd rather be trapped in a Bronx phone booth at 3:30am on Sunday
morning, masturbating a rabid mountain lion with a handful of rusty
barbed wire than to spend one minute on Facebook.

Well, disregarding your private activities in the aforementioned phone booth, it is unfortunately true that FB is a must. I mean - if you want to go public and start being known you have to have something like FB account or Twitter or whatever. You won't be perceived being serious about your craft if you don't go social .net.

If you wanted to exchange movies with your neighbors 20 years ago you ought to have a VCR. Now if you want to promote yourself you ought to have a virtual presence. FB or Twitter are integral parts thereof.

Offered merely as a consideration and not as an argument against or pro anything.

Boris