From: Glen Berry
I'm considering spending some money on a new macro lens. I used to have
an older Pentax 50mm f2.8 autofocus lens that was built like a tank, and
took very sharp photos. I bought it used at a local shop for only about
$100, which was a huge bargain! Unfortunately, that lens got stolen
along with the camera it was mounted on at the time. God, how I wish the
thieves had stolen my inexpensive kit lens instead!  :)

Anyway, I'm currently shooting with a K100D, and I'm trying to decide
between getting one of these new macro lenses:

Pentax smc P-D FA 50mm f/2.8
Pentax SMCP-DA 35mm f/2.8

Are either of these lenses noticeably sharper than the other?

Which would you buy, especially if this were going to be your only macro
lens?

Are there any other macro lenses I should consider?

I wouldn't ignore the manual focus Pentax Macro lenses. I have the smc PENTAX-A MACRO 1:2.8 100mm and am fairly pleased with it.

-----
No virus found in this message.