On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 5:00 PM, Christine  Aguila <cagu...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> It was expected to start at 3p, but it started a half hour early.  Schools
> closed at 2p & they've already called a snow day for tomorrow. Last snowday
> in Chicago was 1999.   We could get anywhere from 10 to 2 feet of snow. Some
> are claiming we're going to get 2-3 inches per hour.  Worst time will be 9p
> to 5am.  Snowmobiles have been sent to the fire and police departments for
> rescue capability.  We're under a blizzard warning until tomorrow at 3p. The
> winds are really starting to pick up.  I have a feeling the winds will be
> the worst part of the storm; Lake Michigan waves are supposed to be
> enormous--I won't be able to get down there to photograph them.
>
> Since we have  a snow day tomorrow, I'll be free to try for some pictures.
> My big worry is power--sure hope it doesn't go out because I only have a
> snort or two of scotch in the house.  We're having brats and baked beans for
> dinner.  May make some carrot cake.  And a movie for sure.
>
> Wish us luck! :-)
> Big cheers, Christine from Chicago

Stay warm and safe!!

We were supposed to get your storm, and while it snowed overnight, it
pretty much petered out by the time it got to Toronto (I'm sure up
around Dave's area there's more).  We awoke to maybe 2-4 inches from
overnight, with less than an inch fallen today, and here it is noon
and it seems to have stopped.

We were told to expect up to 30 centimetres (well over 10 inches) but
(like usual) they overestimated the storm.

Hope you all get through this, and I look forward to lots of piccies!

;-)

cheers,
frank

--
"Sharpness is a bourgeois concept."  -Henri Cartier-Bresson