That's a bit off of what I was replying to.  I was giving a straight
answer to someone's statement that the lag between pressing the shutter
release and capturing the image gave you a chance to change your mind.

While it is true that you are never really committed to anything having
an unlimited supply of retries would seem to me to lead to what I would call
a sloppy attitude.  Instead of trying to your best capture to a decisive
moment if you
fail just try again.  It doesn't really matter, except that the moment you
want to capture may never come again.  (I won't mention, because others
will, that
the moment may be missed due to that capture delay).