This seems like it would be a good application for blue tooth technology. That is, if only Pentax cameras were built with blue tooth capability. You would then only have to have the GPS unit near the camera, not connected to it.

On 2/10/2011 2:13 PM, John Sessoms wrote:
From: eckinator
maybe it is just a data logger and only attaches to the hotshoe
physically - there are others like it so it could just be redabged OEM
who knows; I'll just wait and see =)

2011/2/10, John Sessoms <jsessoms...@nc.rr.com>:
> Pentax doesn't trigger the hot-shoe at shutter speeds above sync. How
> does this thing work if it's mounted there?

It's got to have some sort of output from the camera to tell it when a photo is taken so it knows when to log the coordinates. I'm curious how it gets that information since the hot-shoe it appears to mount on doesn't trigger all the time.

-----
No virus found in this message.