Ecke, this is exactly why I bought a 'real' gps (a Garmin GPsMap 60cx).
It is not that much more expensive and it can be used a gps in car,
trekking or cycling.

It logs for 18 hours on two AA alkalines.

--
Thibault Massart aka Thibouille/Thibs

Laptop: Macbook 13" Unibody SnowLeo/Win7

Programing: Delphi 2009