Sorry to read that report - but glad you are faring better. You certainly have lots of ice available to help it, eh?

xo,
ann

frank theriault wrote:

Some of you may recall that back in December I broke a bone in my left
hand.  Well, that's healed quite nicely, thanks to weekly visits for
physio and flexibility exercises that were diligently performed
several times per day at home.  Although it's stiff in the morning, it
soon feels pretty much normal, except that I notice a slight lack of
strength at times (it's about 90%, quite normal for this duration
after the injury, according to the therapist).

So, a three weeks ago I get the green light to get back on the bike,
and the next day I notice a somewhat acute (but bearable) pain where I
know the Achilles tendon to be.  I continue to ride, hoping I can
"work through it" and it might go away.

Alas, after three days of "working through it", I realize that
although it's not getting worse, it's also not getting better, so off
to the hospital I go.  Sure enough, it's Achilles tendinosis (the new
word for Achilles tendinitis).  Not bad, just inflamed (and swollen as
hell), due to getting back on the bike too quickly after 6 weeks off.
I went for a follow-up last weekend, and they told me to stay off the
bike for another two weeks (meaning that, hopefully, next week will be
my last doing the courier thing on-foot-and-transit).  Luckily it
doesn't hurt at all to walk.

Lots of icing and stretching exercises, and this week it's feeling the
best it has since the occurance, plus the swelling it almost gone.

I guess that age is catching up to me somewhat, eh?

;-)

The good part is that I'm getting lots of pictures while walking and
transiting.

cheers,
frank