John Sessoms wrote:

>> Here's an editorial from the British Medical Journal on the subject
>> for anyone interested in that sort of thing:
>> http://www.robertstech.com/stuff/tendonosis.pdf
>>

>I guess it makes a good case that it's not inflammation, but it didn't
>give me a clear understanding of what it IS,

>From the article: "Light microscopy of patients operated on for tendon
pain reveals collagen separation — thin, frayed, and fragile tendon
fibrils, separated from each other lengthwise and disrupted in cross
section."

Microscopic tearing of the tendon fibers, in other words.

>or how to make it better.

That is not within the scope of the article, which concludes with,
"there remain many unanswered questions, particularly with respect to
treatment"

>From my own experience, I can recommend heat treatment before
exercise, ice afterwards and stretching/strengthening exercises
specific to the tendon involved.

--
Mark Roberts - Photography & Multimedia
www.robertstech.com