on Feb 15, 2011, at 15:45 , Eric Weir wrote:

> On Feb 15, 2011, at 5:14 PM, Ken Waller wrote:
>
>> My tendon was surgically reattached, but I was told it would reattach with
>> out surgery ??? - my orthopaedic doctor recommended surgery.
>
> Mine, too. I share your puzzlement about them reattaching without surgery.

Puzzles me as well. When my bicep detached itself from my shoulder the surgeon
told me he had to dig pretty deep into the arm with  forceps to find the tendon
so he could pull it up to it's original point of attachment. Takes a little
while to get it stretched too. I understand the Achilles tendon behaves the
same way, as do to varying degrees most of the muscles that when relaxed are
stretched by opposing muscles ie: biceps / triceps.

Joseph McAllister
pentax...@mac.com

“ It is still true, as was first said many years ago, that people are the only
sophisticated computing devices that can be made at low cost by unskilled
workers!”
— Martin G. Wolf, PhD