Some people (me) when they are closing in on their seventh decade, can no
longer hold things steady, or at all sometimes. Ferinstance, try holding a coin
steady, any size, by it's edge, between thumb and forefinger. Can with my left,
can't with my right. The harder I squeeze, the harder it wiggles, thus the
lessor amount of time before I either drop it or catch it flat.

With the camera, inserting or removing the SD cards is my tell. Have to pull it
halfway out, then reposition my digits to the big flat sides. Just beginning is
the inability to hold a camera and lens steady on a target. Not too bad until I
let the breath out half way and stop. Trying to stop the wiggles only makes it
worse.

All hail shake reduction. I use it all the time, even when the dogs are running
full tilt.

On Feb 14, 2011, at 11:20 , Steven Desjardins wrote:

> I generally take still-lifes, and SR does help for those.
>
> On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 10:06 AM, Igor Roshchin <s...@komkon.org> wrote:
>> Sun Feb 13 07:44:17 CST 2011
>> drd1135 at gmail.com wrote:
>>
>>> OTOH, I always try to shoot my 1.4 at 5.6. Not really low light but
>>> wonderfully sharp. For very low light I tend to reply on SR, physical
>>> support, and the hope of one day getting a K5.

Joseph McAllister
Lots of gear, not much time

http://gallery.me.com/jomac