Hi all,

So, I've been getting a lot of soft images lately when using my K-x with the K-50/1.4 and wondering what I'm doing wrong. Well, I think I've figured it out.

I took a good look at the viewfinder glass and discovered that it's not in good shape. I don't know if the sweat from using it this summer corroded it, or what, but I can see where the tinted coating appears to be gone except for around the very edges of the glass, and it's really murky where the coating is gone. It's very obviously going to have to be replaced.

Funny thing is, I've been Googling my ass off trying to figure out what it's going to cost to replace it, and you'd think it was a state secret, or something! I can't even find a clear answer on what the name of the part is. What I'm talking about is the very outer glass in the eyepiece. I don't know if the whole viewfinder needs to be replaced, or just the piece of glass, or what to terminology for the part is in order to even look up the price.

Can somebody help me out here? I'm really hoping this is something I'll be able to order and replace myself, rather than pay the guy at the camera shop an arm and a leg to do it for me. But, I don't even know what to look for!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Walt