On 2011-02-20 05:57 , eckinator wrote:
Toine, (and everyone) another option can be seen here
http://www.timothyarmes.com/blog/2009/02/a-rapid-r-strap-an-l-bracket-and-a-vertical-grip-the-holy-grail-of-camera-confort/

in contrast to that fellow's complaint, the op/tech strap i use has no quick-release; it's also not "sticky", so unlike some other straps, it slides easily when i pull the camera up from my hip, a behavior somewhat like the sniper straps, i guess; but different because there is some friction, so i can keep the camera where i want it when hanging; also different because the strap attaches to both strap points on the camera and naturally keeps the grip where my right hand will reach for it on my _left_ hip; unless i'm missing something, the sniper straps seem to let the camera swivel so the grip is not always closest to your hand