From: David Mann
On Mar 3, 2011, at 9:50 AM, Theodore Beilby wrote:

Last Sat. the PSNWA made a trip to Picher, OK. This will probably be about the
last trip I make there, all buildings are scheduled to be demolished by the end
of March. Walter, many of the buildings we shot when we went are now gone.

Nice photos.  Why are the buildings being demolished?

Someone's getting into trouble here as a historic church has been demolished
without
the proper paperwork.  I actually went past it last week and I'm glad I had the
chance
to see it one last time.

Dave

The town was an early 20th century lead mining center. The whole town is now part of a toxic waste cleanup site.

The town was also hit by an F4 tornado in 2008 that flattened almost the entire town.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Picher,_Oklahoma

-----
No virus found in this message.