On Mar 3, 2011, at 6:20 PM, Walter Gilbert wrote:

> I did a little bit of a write-up with some of the photos I took while I was
> there -- which you can check out here if you're so inclined:
>
> http://waltgilbert.posterous.com/picher-oklahoma-americas-newest-ghost-town

Thanks for the information, Walt.  It's such a sad story and it makes me wonder
where the mining company is now.  I really liked the photos too.

> It's just a terrible, sad story -- but an endlessly fascinating place.  For
> now.

It seems to have a beauty of its own among the pollution and destruction, but I
do find decay quite interesting photographically so I'd be very interested to
photograph a place like that.

Dave