(Sorry for cross-posting; no one has replied to this one in the forum
I visit every day).

I understand that a raw developer software works like the clasical
darkroom "developer" (solution).
There are different varieties producing different outputs from the
same negative/raw file.
In the film days, companies (like Kodak) used to suggest their own
developers for their films.
However, experienced photographers have always used their favorite
film with their favorite developer without necessarily taking those
suggestions into account.

Now, Pentax suggests Silkypix to develop their raw files.

Let us say, I like the look of the raw files developed by Silkypix.
And, let us assume that I happen to like Brand X Raw Developer, which
is very good in certain regards.
However, "the look" of the developed file (jpeg or otherwise) is not
that good or just unlike it.

We know that raw developers apply a curve to the raw data and, like
chemicals used in the film days, these curves result in different
looks.

My question is this:
Is there a practical way (other than trial and error) to
use/copy/replicate the effect of a curve of, say, Silkypix for another
raw developer?
Or, the curves are hidden, embedded, protected etc.?

Bulent