Even when being there, it's easy to be fooled by the dimensions. Every
feature is further away and every ascent steeper than you expect. :-(

The rifle gal was our guide for the trip. She turned out to be quite a
personality. Enough merits already to deserve a NatGeo article all of
her own. I asked her if she had any big projects this year. She
shrugged and told me she had to work as guide for a couple of years to
save up for the next big one. This year her only plans were to cross
Greenland by ski, along the old Nansen route. She didn't like to talk
much about her personal projects, but I discovered her previous
achievement was to circumnavigate the islands of South Georgia by
kayak in a group of four, last November. :-)

Jostein